Monday, July 11, 2011

Enjoying the Inner Geek

I've realized I'm at the stage of my life now where I've decided to finally embrace my geekiness. I know I'm a geek, always have been, always will be. I love cheesy pop songs from the '80's & '90's, enjoy the weekly dose of funk & disco, and am a self proclaimed book hoarder. I squee over crap sometimes, and am still the epitome of the world girly girl in some ways, like I've been since I was a kid. Sometimes indulge in teen historical fiction and love Harry Potter. But hey, you know what? It's ok. I am a geek and I'm finally not ashamed to admit it. Because it doesn't really matter if I say so or not, people will know it if they hang out with me for a long enough period of time anyway. I also firmly believe we all have an inner geek side. So don't be ashamed: embrace that inner geek and let it fly...you'll be happier in the end!:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment