Friday, November 11, 2011

The 1990s



As Janet Jackson once said, "that's the end?" The answer, yes! We've reached the end of the 20th century this week with the last in our decade spotlights: the 1990s! This one has got to be one of the harder ones for me to write about because I remember more about this decade than any other as this was the period of my adolescence...I stared the decade at eight going on nine, and ended it at 18, and there's so much I remember. A sort of double edged sword so to speak. The whole President Clinton scandal, the divorce of Prince Charles and Lady Di as well as her tragic death, the O J trial, and the internet becoming a major force in our lives near decade's end. Musically, I remember the great pop hits and grunge from early in the decade, alternative hits in the middle and end, and the rise of  rap and hip-hop. Cell phones becoming popular for the first time, and, of course, the TV shows...ah, Friends, Party of Five, Blossom, Boy Meets World, Buffy, ect. How we loved you. Oh, and the cloning of Dolly the sheep. And how can we forget the Oklahoma City bombings? A huge event of the '90s for me? The birth of my half sister who turned 18 this past January.





Totally Hair Barbie

And that's it folks! Hope you enjoyed this nine part trip down memory lane as much as I did!

Music Links


Recommended nonfiction:











No comments:

Post a Comment