Monday, July 18, 2011

Who's Crying Now?

One of those seemingly pointless new year's resolutions I made way back in January (insert slight sarcasm here) was to act upon my belief of not crying over spilled milk more strongly. As time goes on, I've felt more and more that it really is a waste of time and energy continuing to worry about things that have happened to you, time and energy better put to use towards other things you'd much rather be thinking about or doing. Think about it: it's done, over, gone and no amount of analyzing, or worrying or feeling miserable about it is going to change what went on. Yes, in some cases there needs to be a grieving stage (in the ending of a relationship for instance), but for the most part, once you think back on it, I'll bet half the time you wonder "why the hell did I do that for?" To me, it seems the best thing to do is do whatever grieving may be necessary, then pick yourself back up, think of how you can make things better for yourself from here on out and carry on from where you left off. Remember, time goes forward and so must we. No matter how bad it seems at the time, things will eventually get better and sort itself out. Things sometimes happen for a reason and I don't know about you, but I'd rather bend than break. Life's a bitch and then you die, so don't let yourself be too held back to live!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment